September 25, 2012

Macaroni Schotel



I really know that I am not good at cooking, yet I am really good at eating them. My signature dish(es) are only scrambled egg and boiled noodle(that's so sad). I don't like spending my time at the kitchen, it is much easier to buy the food from restaurant, which the taste is guaranteed. But somehow, I thought it would be great to taste my own made food. I did googling, tried to find an easy Italian food recipe. Then I decided to make macaroni schotel, it seemed so easy and delicious(who doesn't love cheese or meat?). And I was succeeded! Me! A person like me! If I--a very beginner at cooking--can make it, why can't you, then? Here is the recipe. Believe me, this recipe is really easy.

·         INGREDIENTS:
  • Elbow macaroni; 250 g
  • Corned; 198 g. (medium can)
  • Smoked beef; 100 g.
  • Cheddar; 300 g.
  • Full cream milk; 700 ml.
  • Egg(s); 6.
  • Cooking oil; 2-3 teaspoon.
  • Garlic; 2.
  • Onion; 2.
  • Margarine.
  • Salt, pepper, and sugar.

·         HOW TO:
  • Boil the macaroni half-baked. Add 2-3 teaspoon of cooking oil so that the macaroni won’t stick. Throw the water away, keep the half-baked macaroni in a bowl.
  • Mince the garlic and the onion.
  • Heat the margarine, stir-fry the minced garlic and also minced onion until they smell good. Add the corned, smoked beef, some salt, some pepper and some sugar.
  • Cut 200 g of cheddar in cube-shape. Grate the other 100 g for topping.
  • Stir those 6 eggs in a bowl. Mix it with cube-shaped cheddar, half-baked macaroni, milk, and cooked meat (third step). Add some salt, pepper, and sugar.
  • Pour the dough into a brass.
  • You can bake it anyway. But if you have enough time, you can steam it first, then you bake it after it has already steamed. (You should set the time by yourself, because I used a conventional oven which do not have time setting)
Tara! The delicious macaroni schotel is ready to be served! I only spent below IDR 80.000 to make this food. How’s the taste? I gave this food to my big family and (yeah!) they loved it. My schotel is sold out for only 15 minutes after being served. :"""""D (tears of joy)

Here is the picture of that food! Haha, do not judge by its appearance, friends.



See ya in next post!~

No comments:

Post a Comment